Wednesday 5 September 2012

Filming Day 1: How it went and images

For the first day of filming, during the summer holidays, I filmed 2 series of narrative shots, the first with a bohemian style outfit, filmed in forest and field locations. I was happy with all of these shots, and managed to capture all that I planned to, as well as some other shots that came about spontaneously. For my first time filming, I felt I was quite good, mainly becuase I have experience in photography, so needed to think more about motion. However, I struggled a bit to control the zoom control on my camera, which meant some shots were zoomed into too quickly. I thought about my camera movements as well, such as panning and tilting, for a smooth movement.
 
In the evening, when it was dark, we went into the same forest area with a bright torch to film shots of Beth in a very dark, black outfit, and shone the torch over her. I experimented with the torches movement, as well as Beth's movement, to create a scary effect, reflecting Rhiannons dark side. When I had this idea in mind beforehand, I wanted more of the forest to be seen in the shots. However, it was too dark and the torch wasn't bright enough, so the shots could have been filmed anywhere, as only Beth was seen. This, however, had an interesting unique effect, which I really liked. Overall, I was really pleased with the outcome and was glad that everything went well, despite it being my first time filming.
 
Here, I have posted images taken on the day. I photographed the outfits worn, as well as taking some of the images that will be used for the album cover and advert. The advert will use series shots of Beth spinning, all layered together, to create a dreamlike, magical effect.













No comments:

Post a Comment