Tuesday 23 October 2012

Peer Feedback Lesson

Today in class, we were put into groups of 3 to show each other our pieces far and give feedback and what we liked about it. We told each other wether our work was basic, proficient or excellent. My work was put into the lower/middle of excellent. I showed my music video and was told that I could improve it by:
  • The quality of my video was a bit fuzzy, dispite usng a higher quality camera and number of megapixels. This may be because it had not rendered properly
  • Some of my shots were a bit shaky, giving the music video a lower quality and less professional look.
By improving these things I will have have raised my level of quality from lower to higher of excellent specifically in the section:
  • Shooting material appropriate to the task set; including controlled use of camera, attention to framing, variety of shot sizes and close attention to mis en scene.
To improve I will be focusing on these in the next few lessons:
  • I will be experimenting with altering the video quality using the Final Cut Pro settings, talking to my teacher about it and making sure the video was rendered properly.
  • I will be looking through the performance shots I already have to use instead of the shaky shots and editing them accordingly.

1 comment:

  1. A good summary Clare. Check the spelling error in one of the first lines. Also, can you please use the key words 'basic' or 'proficient' or 'excellent' when describing the current state of each bullet and when explaining what you are aiming for. I will look at your vid now, do a quick export and check that the output quality is ok.

    ReplyDelete